Butler Machinery Company Heavy Equipment Service Technician in Aberdeen, South Dakota
Butler Machinery is theauthorizedCaterpillar dealer for North Dakota and South Dakota with 14 locations in North and South Dakota. Butler Ag Equipment has 4 locations in Nebraska. Butler offers Caterpillar products and services to support the construction industry, and is proud to represent many manufacturers including: AGCO, Drago, Challenger, Horsch, Killbros, Balzer and more. Butler is looking for hardworking and dependable Diesel Technicians and Mechanics with a proven safety record. Butler offersclean, safe, state-of-the-art shops, ongoing training, exceptional benefits and long term growth potential.
You will need to bring your “A” Game. Are you up for the challenge? Apply now!
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Perform maintenance, diagnostics and repairs on Caterpillar heavy construction equipment
- Complete service reports, timecards and order parts timely and accurately
- Work overtime as workload dictates
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Maintain training requirements for the position
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Work in other areas of shop as assigned
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Two year associates degree in related field preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble components.
- Troubleshooting and repair of heavy equipment. CAT experience desired.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to meet insurability standards to drive a company vehicle.
- CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL.