Great Western Bank Wealth Advisor in Aberdeen, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
This position is responsible for development of new private client and institutional relationships; primarily through sophisticated financial and estate planning for asset management clients and prospects, either alone or in conjunction with the client’s legal and financial advisors. The Wealth Advisor will manage a select group of complex and/or large account relationships.
• Development of new and expanded private client and institutional relationships with primary focus on discretionary investment management.
• Directly responsible for relationship management and administration of a select group of large and/or complex accounts.
• Cross sale of bank products and introduction of bank partners to clients and prospects.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with bank partners, trust & estate attorneys and other centers of influence.
• Carry out all requirements of a Fiduciary, Personal Representative, Trustee or Conservator in accordance with the controlling documents, directive of the Court, relevant government agencies, state law as well as departmental policies/procedures.
• Partner with all divisions within Wealth Management (i.e. Retirement Plan Services, Private Banking, Private Client Services , Investments & Insurance) to meet/exceed client experience.
• Provide direction to WM Administrator and/or Administrative Support on client relations issues and/or to ensure compliance of regulations, client needs and Bank policies/procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Post-secondary degree in related field (i.e. JD, CFP or CPA) preferred.
• Proven experience in performing sophisticated tax, financial and estate planning for high net worth individuals and families in personal trust or similar environment.
• Understanding of fiduciary laws and principles.
• Extensive knowledge of investment, tax, financial and estate planning concepts and techniques.
• Certification related to estate planning and financial planning preferred.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.