Valero Work-Study Program, Lab Technician – Ethanol Plant in AURORA, South Dakota
Reporting to the QA/QC Manager and mentor, the Work-Study QA/QC Lab Tech student will be exposed to the quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) program for the ethanol plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality. This is an on-going Work-Study position and will possibly continue until students' graduation date.
It is the intent of the Work-Study program to provide a valuable and beneficial learning experience.
- Assists in carrying out the plant QA/QC program.
- Draws and processes samples at various points in the process, conducting QA/QC tests as required.
- Helps to monitor use and inventories of laboratory chemicals and supplies.
- Prepares reports and analyzes data within the process of the facility.
- Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Participates in the safety program for the QA/QC laboratory.
- Assists to coordinates activities with other departments.
- Communicates directly with QA/QC Manager to ensure effective participation by the process operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Participates to implement programs and procedures required to ensure laboratory and plant cleanliness.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Currently pursuing an Associate’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college, university, or junior college in a science, agriculture, technology, or mathematics field or accepted into an Associate’s degree (or higher) program in a science, agriculture, technology, or mathematics field required.
- On-going work study students are required to work 20-25 hours during the semester and 40 hours during the summer.
- Reside within commuting distance to the ethanol plant for the entire duration of the on-going work-study required.
- 2.5 GPA or above preferred.
- Experience with laboratory equipment found in an academic environment is preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year.
*About Valero Renewables – Aurora
Valero Renewables-Aurora is located near Aurora, S.D., six miles east of Brookings and 60 miles north of Sioux Falls. The bio-refinery sits on 420 acres and started ethanol production in November 2003. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. Recognized as the ethanol industry's first 100 million-gallon-per-year production facility, the Aurora plant now annually processes more than 47 million bushels of corn into 130 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 480,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs approximately 70 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Work Study - Renewables
Primary Location: US-SD-Aurora
Job Posting: Jul 26, 2018, 8:45:41 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18001CY