Spartan Motors Human Resource Coordinator - (PP11426) in Brandon, South Dakota
Human Resource Coordinator - (PP11426)
Job Requisition ID: PP11426
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Brandon, SD
Post Date: 10/05/2018
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for assisting with various administrative Human Resource tasks including administration of the FMLA/LOA, coordination of onboarding process of administrative new hires,creates onboarding schedule, maintain/create employee files and other HR tasks as needed. This position is located in the Reception area and will also have responsibility for customer interaction and direction.
• Supports the daily Human Resources team by greeting employees and helping them as needed or directing them to the appropriate team member.
• Creates,maintains and updates confidential employee files and medical files.
• Facilitates the hiring process with hiring managers for hourly production positions to include recruitment, tracking, and team selection activities as well as scheduling interviews completing pre-employment drug screens, conducting background/reference checks, providing internal/external communications to candidates and supervisors using email, letters and Recruiting system.
• Creates onboarding schedule for administrative new hires and works with hiring manager to ensure a smooth start up.
• Records and files the new hire paperwork consisting of tax documents, emergency contact information, I-9 form with appropriate documentation, etcetctra.
• Assists with efforts to attract highly qualified candidates through multiple sources – recruiters, electronic boards, colleges/universities, job fairs and professional organizations in accordance with Affirmative Action Program
• Promotes Affirmative Action Program and activities through recruitment efforts.
• Administers the FMLA/MLOA process and tracks available medical leave time.
• Communicates necessary FMLA information to employee’s supervisor or manager.
• Assists with review, maintenance of, and update the Job Descriptions.
• Adds job codes with the job descriptions to the job library in Recruiting system.
• Maintains and assists in various reports such as training and development and turnover and others as needed.
• Enter all new hire employee data in Ceridian/Kronos/Dayforce.
• Prepares attendance termination letters (NCNS).
• Updates attendance policy exceptions weekly in Kronos.
• Process weekly disciplinary actions in Kronos.
• Other duties as needed.
• Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
• Unquestionable Integrity and ability to work in a highly confidential environment.
• Passion for continuous improvement and learning.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
• Proficient on MS Office products.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and strengthen relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to prepare effective reports and presentations.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Spartan Motors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.