Kiewit Corporation Ironworker Craftsman in CLEAR LAKE, South Dakota
Requisition ID: 63601
Ironworkers are responsible for the layout, installation, assembly and steel erection components in accordance with blueprint plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Reads specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of material required.
• Fabricates metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, beams, or girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Unloads and positions prefabricated steel units for hoisting; hoists steel beams, girders, or columns into place, using cranes or signaling hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural steel members.
• Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, or levels.
• Cuts, bends, or welds steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
• Forces structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
• Pulls, pushes or pries structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
• Bolts aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
• Assemble hoisting equipment or riggings, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks, to move heavy equipment or materials.
•May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
•Must possess working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
•Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
•Ability to use hand tools, power tools and layout tools safe and efficiently.
•Able to meet all physical requirements.
•Must have all required tools
•Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
•Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
•Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
•Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs