Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs Teacher (Mathematics) in Eagle Butte, South Dakota
This position is part of the Cheyenne Eagle Butte School, Bureau of Indian Education. As a Teacher (Mathematics) you will be responsible for serving as a classroom teacher in a BIE school on or near the Reservation. The instruction area(s) is Mathematics in a high school setting.
Learn more about this agency
As a Teacher (Mathematics) CY-1710-11, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Prepare yearly instructional outlines and related daily lesson plans covering relevant units of study and specifying objectives, activities and evaluative methods/instruments for both group and individual instructional programs.
- Teach students by selecting, developing, adapting and implementing appropriate instructional methods and techniques utilizing available resources to provide for academic achievement.
- Continuously evaluate individual and group academic progress through the use of criterion-referenced tests, periodic standardized tests, oral tests, and/or other relevant evaluative methods/instruments.
- Develop and conduct instruction within an environment that provides and promotes opportunities for the students to develop rapport, inter-relationships, self-discipline and a positive self-image.
- Maintain control of assigned class(es) and handle discipline independently except for chronic or extreme behavior problems.
- Supervise assigned students as scheduled, or provide for their supervision, throughout the academic day and/or activity in order to provide for the safety, health, and welfare of the students in compliance with school, Agency, and Area Guidelines.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
1710 Education And Vocational Training
Conditions of Employment
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- BACKGROUND SECURITY INVESTIGATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW HIRES
- APPT SUBJECT TO PROBATIONARY PERIOD FOR 2 ACADEMIC SEM, WHICH MAY BE EXT'D
- APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE
- CERTIFIED BY STATE DEPT OF EDUCATION AND TEACHER CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Applicants must meet the education/qualification requirements contained in the approved job category for P.L. 95-561 positions. For this position, they are listed below.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT FOR PAY LEVEL 11-17:Possess a Bachelor's Degree (or higher) from an accredited education institution . All professional educators must meet the certification standards for the position in the State where the position is located. Emergency and provisional certificates may be accepted under the conditions they are issued by the State certification authority.
For Pay Level: 11 - Bachelor's (B) 12 - B+15 13 - B+30 14 - Master's (M) 15 - M+15 16 - M+30 17 - Doctorate (earned)
BASIS OF RATING:All applicants for this position will be rated and ranked based upon the extent and quality of their experience, training and/or education as reflected in the assessment questionnaire. Applicants will be further evaluated according to the degree to which they possess or have the potential to acquire knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics as listed below. The judgment of qualifications will be based on the material submitted; therefore, it is to the applicant's advantage to give complete and thorough responses and to present information in a neat and orderly fashion. Qualifications and veteran's preference eligibility will be determined on the basis of information submitted.
Applicants are responsible for providing documentation that the educational requirements have been met. To qualify based on education you must submit a legible copy of your transcripts. Official transcripts are required upon selection if you qualified based on education.
Education must have been obtained from an accredited or pre-accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.
For further information on creditable education visit: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
The Bureau of Indian Education has determined that the duties of this position are not suitable for telework under any circumstances.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Classroom Instruction
- Standards Based Assessment
- Sound Classroom Management
- Ability to Communicate
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume (include the following):
- Work Experience:
- Position title
- Dates of employment (include month/year)
- Hours worked per week
- Current supervisor's name and telephone number
- Duties (please be specific and include any accomplishments)
- References (include complete name and telephone phone number):
- Employer - must be within the past 5 years
- Personal - three (3)
- Copy of college transcript(s)
- Copy of valid State Teaching License
Other supporting documents: * Form BIA 4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment (required for claiming Indian Preference). The form must be completed by the appropriate official with the federally-recognized tribe where the applicant is enrolled as a member. No other form will be accepted. * Cover Letter, optional * Most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action" if current or former Federal employee * DD-214 (member copy 4) NOTE:Persons submitting incomplete applications will be given credit only for the information they provide. The applicant is responsible for submitting all required documentation in support of their application in order to receive full credit for their Indian preference, veteran preference, experience, training, and/or education. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED FROM THIS OFFICE.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
- If you are unable to apply online, you must request an alternative application which is available from the Human Resources Office. Please contact Julie Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 563-5325 to obtain an alternative application.
Agency contact information
Cheyenne Eagle Butte School P.O. Box 672 Eagle Butte, SD 57625 US
Learn more about this agency
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified by email of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514893800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 10/24/2018 to 11/26/2018
Pay scale & grade: CY 11
Salary: $27.75 to $56.03 per hour 15% RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE AVAILABLE
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time