UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Systems Administrator in Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota
Tracking Code UASOCS-19-1824-F
Job Code 19-1824
Posting Title Systems Administrator
Post Date 12/2/2019
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel No Travel Required
City Ellsworth AFB
Description SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (UASOCS-19-1824-F):
Bowhead seeks a Top Secret cleared Systems Administrator to join our Team at Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota.
The Systems Administrator develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all routine Systems Administration functions to assure security requirements and operational goals are achieved.
Essential functions will include:
• Troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues encountered by supported users (Windows based client servers)
• Installing new software releases, system upgrades, and evaluates new programs to address software requirements
• Assisting with maintenance of the security accreditation of IT equipment
• Developing IT related procedures and forecasts future IT needs of the organization
• Monitoring system configurations to ensure data integrity
• Assisting in the preparation of a monthly progress report.
Requirements • High school diploma. Associate’s Degree is a plus.
• Two (2) or more years’ IT experience.
• Security+ Certification is required.
• Fundamental knowledge in the maintenance and management of computer software / hardware and video systems is required.
• Familiarity with network topology, communication standards, multi-protocol client server, data transmission technology, and routers/switches.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) desired.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills including writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation.
• Location requires a valid state issued driver’s license.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Requires an active Top Secret DoD security clearance. Must be eligible for Sensitive Compartmental Information (SCI) designation, which includes successfully passing a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). US Citizenship
is a requirement for clearance at this location
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In
furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants,
based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
- UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs