Kiewit Corporation Foreman Driller - FERMI in Lead, South Dakota
Requisition ID: 46703
Effectively lead and manage crew members' daily activities and production according to the project timeline, plans, specifications, codes and industry standards and provide the necessary training on proper safety and operational procedures. Work with or supervise other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervision.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Plan, coordinate and organize people, equipment, tools and materials to promote the safe, efficient and timely construction of the project.
• Ensure that construction equipment is correctly operated and maintained.
• Maintain accurate reporting records including job quantities, productivity rates, time sheets and daily management reports.
• May assist in developing a weekly schedule and in carrying out sequence of activities for assigned crew.
• Responsible for timely completion of work assignments within the estimated costs while maintaining the company’s reputation for quality workmanship/product.
• Responsible for the safety of those on the crew and will conduct all operations according to all applicable company and government safety rules.
• Will develop and maintain a proper crew attitude by conducting toolbox meetings and communicating safety concerns, work scope, plans and schedules to leadmen and crews.
• Monitor compliance by all employees under his/her supervision with all Company policies
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge and skill to perform all essential functions of craft workers under his/her supervision.
• Ability to perform task planning to safely and efficiently carry out all aspects of work assigned, train/ teach safety practices, policies and procedures.
• Have a working knowledge of the scheduling, material control and unit manhour performance, estimating fundamentals and job cost management systems.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with craft workers under his/her supervision and management/supervision.
• Must be a good communicator, motivator, and team player.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• May require a valid state issued driver's license
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs