Cretex Dispatcher/QC in Mitchell, South Dakota
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2017. Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 88 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a full-timeLogistics Coordinator at our Mitchell, South Dakota location. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for shipping and receiving, administrative duties, overseeing and ensuring DOT compliance and managing the Quality Control process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confers with plant production and yard and sales personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading time.
- Provide customer service to field personnel and customers in a timely manner.
- Prepares delivery tickets and related shipping documents and assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries.
- Receives cash payments for shipments from drivers and prepares reports of cash and charge sales.
- Posts transactions to customers' accounts and issues customers account statements to customers.
- Maintains contact with drivers to expedite deliveries.
- Check stock status to insure product is in yard prior to scheduling a truck.
- Oversee DOT compliance for all company drivers
- Process product returns
- Administrative duties including PO receiving and generation, filing, AP, and process packing slips
- Daily time entry/corrections as needed
- PTO entry in AE
- enter daily production into Syteline
- Daily Cylinder Data sheets for SDDOT
- Log tag download and set up
- Moisture burns in Mixmaster
- Daily cement usage in Mixmaster
- Save/file certs from suppliers for Qcast and Mixmaster
- Gasket testing and Agg samples
- Dot 99 forms and certs packets for SDDOT box and bridge projects
- Cylinder data information for entry in Mixmaster
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports affirmative action and respects diversity. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Office.
Job Start/End Date: 16-Oct-2019 to Until Filled (EST)
Department: Forterra - Mitchell Plant
Location: Mitchell, SD, USA
Employment Type: Full Time