Cabela's Operationsl Support Team Lead in Mitchell, South Dakota
Position summary: Assists the Operations Manager with the Operations Support function in the store to include: shrink control, safety adherence, inventory control, physical security, etc. . This is a full time position available in our Mitchell Retail Store in Mitchell SD.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
2) Executes all related policies, practices and direction from the Operations Manager
3) Provides leadership and Operations support for Store Management team
4) Supervises Ops Support Associates and ensures strict adherence to policies & procedures.
5) Maintains a safe working environment at all times
6) Maintains strict confidentiality
7) Helps the staff the Department with "service" oriented associates; participates in interviewing and makes selection recommendations, coordinates training, provides input on performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment
8) Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 3 years in a Retail Operations position. "Big Box", High volume experience is a plus. College a plus.
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
First aid trained. On first response team for associate and customer accidents.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates and customers.
Other duties as assigned / requested
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Auto req ID: 47688BR
No. of Positions: 1
Req Type: Non-exempt