Great Western Bank Personal Banking Representative in Mitchell, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
Accountable for individual business deposit development activities and strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building multiple relationships with existing customers. Responsible for the development and servicing of consumer loan portfolios, with the goal of providing maximum profitability with minimum risk.
• Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer relationships and provide the highest level of customer service, through aggressive profiling of each customer and prospective customer to determine their needs and matching products/services to those needs.
• Drive branch deposit growth through business development activities, active participation in all product marketing campaigns, sales development activities, and referral programs.
• Analyze credit and financial information for processing of loans and other bank products for customers to ensure applicable lending policies and procedures are followed. May have lending authority at the discretion of management. Responsible for adherence to compliance regulations and lending policies and procedures.
• Be knowledgeable in assisting customers with selling savings bonds, traveler’s checks, cashier checks, and cash advances.
• Perform assigned Teller duties approximately 75% of the time to include deposits, withdrawals, payments, and coin and cash orders. Assist customers with deposits, withdrawals, payments and coin and cash orders in a friendly courteous manner.
• Identify fraudulent activity to help prevent potential losses to Great Western Bank.
• High school degree or equivalent required; Associates degree in Banking/Finance/Management or equivalent experience preferred.
• Previous sales or retail experience preferred, including cashiering and balancing experience.
• Strong analytical and customer service skills.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Effective selling and cross-selling skills.
• Balance teller drawer according to teller performance standards.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 20-50 pounds.
• Actively participate in community organizations and activities to project and sustain a favorable bank image in the community.
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Time Management
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs