Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Engineer - Citrix in Pierre, South Dakota
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This position will focus on the operational stability and maintenance of virtualized and physical infrastructure in customer and/or hosted data center environments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for Citrix systems, software, and clients in conjunction with end users and department managers.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement Citrix systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
• Install and configure Citrix servers and applications.
• Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure Citrix system security
• Performs , upgrades, maintenance, and support of server architecture, software, and utilities
• Review and deploy new Citrix patches and software updates according to best practices.
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on Citrix servers and client access software.
• Analyze Citrix application usage to support long-term strategy and network capacity and/or licensing.
• Collaborate with analysts, application developers, and system owners in the testing of Citrix programs, applications, and interoperability.
• Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
• Conducts network and security audits; tests and performs routine system backups and restores
• Mitigates, anticipates, identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware and software problems on serversAnalyzes system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance
• Recommends, schedules, and performs software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
• Creates required reports for business user needs
• Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or a related field
• At least three (3) years’ experience with Windows Server technologies, Virtualization, and Active Directory management to include of the following:
o At least two (2) years’ experience related to administration and support of Citrix Xen Desktop / Xen App, Netscaler, and/or related VDI technologies, OR
• Successful completion of at least one (1) year as an Associate Converged Infrastructure Engineer (in Managed Services or Technology Services) with Sirius
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure technologies including one or more of the following: DHCP, DNS, WINS, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects
• Demonstrated knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls and Active Directory
• Demonstrated knowledge of local area network administration
• Experience with software and hardware troubleshooting
• Experience with hypervisors such as Hyper-V and/or vSphere
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Citrix and/or VMWare certifications such as: CCE-V, CCP-V,CCA-V, VCP, etc.
Data Privacy and Security:
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide remote technical support and lifecycle consulting solutions to our Managed Services customers and as such requires the ability to interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work after hours.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.