Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Mainframe IDMS DBA Engineer in Pierre, South Dakota
The primary purpose of this position is to administer mainframe IDMS software. This position will also involve working with customer developers to plan for application related installation and upgrade activities as well as new customer project transitions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures system improvements and/or modifications are implemented
• Provides technical assistance regarding Disaster Recovery exercises and Business Continuity Processes Develops, enhances, and supports technical approaches that allow audits and scalable implementations of large, complex mainframe environments
• Identifies and resolves performance issues
• Facilitates project planning efforts by establishing and meeting work estimates, target dates, milestones and schedules
• Participates in ongoing development and improvement of installation standards
• Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
• Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and changes orders providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
• Provides team members with technical training and/or mentoring
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• At least five (5) years Information Technology work experience, to include experience within each of the following areas:
• Performing IDMS DBA management functions (work with developers on system changes, refreshes of data, monitoring backups and administration management)
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to IDMS and related IDMS OEM software products
• Fulfill service requests (SRs) for mainframe z/OS customers as they pertain to IDMS.
Other Required Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to work with development teams, evaluate requests and ensure the best solution is applied in a managed services environment.
• Demonstrated ability to transition customers to ensure all technical issues are addressed to reach expected progress of transition date
• Demonstrated ability to execute tasks associated with any customer’s disaster recovery plans
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
• Knowledge of assembler
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility.
Sirius Computer Solutions
- Sirius Computer Solutions Jobs