Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Mainframe Physical DB2 Engineer in Pierre, South Dakota
The primary purpose of this position is to install and maintain mainframe DB2 software. This position will also estimate and plan for installation and upgrade activities as well as new customer transition projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures system improvements and/or modifications are implemented
• Provides technical assistance regarding Disaster Recovery exercises and Business Continuity Processes Develops, enhances, and supports technical approaches that allow audits and scalable implementations of large, complex mainframe environments
• Identifies and resolves performance issues
• Facilitates project planning efforts by establishing and meeting work estimates, target dates, milestones and schedules
• Participates in ongoing development and improvement of installation standards
• Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
• Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and changes orders providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
• Provides team members with technical training and/or mentoring
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• At least five (5) years experience within each of the following areas
• Performing DB2 system management functions (software installations, version upgrades, product maintenance, configuration and administration management)
• Provide primary support for reported problems related to DB2, QMF and related OEM software products
• Fulfill service requests (SRs) for mainframe z/OS customers as they pertain to DB2, QMF, and related OEM software products
Other Required Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to install, maintain, and support mainframe products from vendors such as IBM, Computer Associates, Compuware, BMC, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to transition customers to ensure all technical issues are addressed to reach expected progress of transition date
• Demonstrated ability to execute tasks associated with any customer’s disaster recovery plans
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
• Knowledge of assembler
The position’s responsibilities require visiting customer sites to obtain technical information from the customer’s existing support team and, as such, requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers during the initial portion of their transition to becoming a Managed Services customer. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.