Avera PATIENT ACCESS PRE-ARRIVAL COORD in Pierre, South Dakota
Responsible for assisting the Patient Access Pre-Arrival manager to plan, organize, educate and implement activities related to the core operations of patient scheduling, medical necessity, review of physician orders, insurance verification, etc.
- Daily tracking of workflow functions and suggests/implements solutions to assure turnaround times are met. Prioritizes workflow and staffing assignments. Maintains statistical information to ensure appropriate staff scheduling for optimum customer service.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates goals and objectives, policies and procedures. Reports all issues in a timely and accurate manner to Supervisor/Manager.
- Coordinates staff orientation and in services and ensure competencies are obtained. Ensures up-to-date policy and procedures and assists in development of new policies and procedures.
- Highly involved workflow and performing Pre-Arrival functions in both the Centralized Scheduling and Insurance Review roles. Acts as a resource and a role model for staff.
- Assists employees with implementations in all aspects of computer software and process projects.
- Provides feedback and data collection to assist Supervisor/Manager in completing performance review evaluations.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum education and experience required: High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 3 years hospital, medical office, clinic, hospital business operations and/or admitting department experience.
- Preferred education from an accredited university/college and experience: Associate of Science, Bachelor's Degree in healthcare related field, Medical Assisting diploma/degree, or Licensed Practical Nursing diploma/degree; and a minimum of 3 years work related experience required in field of education held.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
*Certification, Licensure and Registrations: *
? For licensed employee, licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure is required, or registration as a Medical Assistant in the State of South Dakota.