Avera PATIENT CARE TECH in Pierre, South Dakota
This position is PRN, which means the hours you work are as needed.
- Provide compassionate patient care in the Med/Surg Department.
Perform duties relative to patient care under the guidance of a registered nurse.
Accurately receive, record and deliver messages to nursing staff or appropriate hospital personnel in a timely manner.
Demonstrate knowledge and competency to obtain blood glucoses at patient bedside.
Perform or assist staff assistants with age appropriate cares, including positioning, lifting, turning, ambulating, transferring and discharging of patients.
Monitor area and allow visitors in as appropriate.
Assist with restocking supplies and maintaining appropriate work environment.
Responsible for keeping patient rooms, nursing unit, utility room, storage areas and hallways neat.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Nursing assistance certification preferred.
- Obtain certification in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) within one year of employment.
- Previous work in a hospital or long term care facility preferred.