Sirius Computer Solutions Security IT Consultant in Pierre, South Dakota
A Security IT Consultant should have a solid and broad background in Information Technology and Information Security with both education, certifications, and practical application of each. The individual must possess excellent communication and soft skills, an adaptable nature, and the ability to listen, understand, and respond to a wide variety of customers and personality types. Experience with many vendors is a plus as the best candidate will be able to learn and work with many different product sets across multiple technical areas and vendors to help customers make good security program decisions and purchases. Also important is the ability to translate technical solutions to business executives, work with highly technical and senior leadership, and write documents for all levels within an organization to understand.
The Security Consultant is responsible for supporting the sales team in the sales process and for providing information on security consulting services to client organizations. Security Consultants also work on a project basis to provide consulting services during contracted engagements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides sales team with technical and security expertise in support of business development activities. Participates in sales calls, helps scope projects, provides pricing estimates, and creates pre and post sales documentation.
• Receives work assignments and timelines from their manager and/or the security project coordinator. Communicates with the security project coordinator to keep them up-to-date on project status.
• Provides clients with consulting services during a contracted engagement. Works within area(s) of expertise (e.g., penetration testing, social engineering testing, framework compliance, etc.).
• Executes compliance initiatives including third-party reviews, regulatory reviews and due diligence initiatives.
• Reviews all findings and recommendations and works with assessment team to determine appropriate actions
• Understands and identifies business processes specific to the client's environment and the appropriate risk management practices. Makes recommendations for improvement of processes and controls
• Creates and presents clients with reports detailing methodology, findings, recommendations and remediation activities to increase security within the target environment
• Performs other duties as necessary
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least 3 years’ experience performing information security assessments (e.g. regulatory framework assessments, penetration testing, security program benchmarking, etc)
Other Position Requirements -
• Ability to create project reports to convey complex, technical information clients can understand
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, to include the ability to effectively work with clients in a consulting environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
• Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
• Knowledge of emerging security technologies, software, and methodologies
• ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• SANS GIAC Family of Certifications
• PCI-DSS Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)
• Offensive Security Family of Certifications
• At least 2 years experience in a consulting role
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.