Travelers Senior Solution Architect in Pierre, South Dakota
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary:
Personal Insurance Technology is a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers’ technology transformation journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company. We deliver, implement and administer technology solutions that enable all Personal Insurance employees to be more effective at their jobs and meet the needs of our company’s customers.
This position will:
• Provide strategic thinking, solution designs, roadmaps and drive architectural recommendations for Personal Insurance Service Operations
• Ensure architectural adherence through blueprint and design reviews
• Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance
• Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance
• Be responsible for the development and production support of enterprise application utilities and models to include publishing, best practices and guidelines for supported technologies
• Work with vendors and product management areas to establish required infrastructures and frameworks
• Provide standard solutions to solve business and technical needs
• Perform product evaluations, and proofs of concept.
• Are a passionate technology professional who enjoys solving complex problems
• Pride yourself on being a quick learner
• Are comfortable with ambiguity
• Understand business challenges and can develop long-term, sustainable technical solutions
• Have a passion for learning and applying new technologies
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment where you will have the opportunity to automate things
• Enjoy mentoring others and driving adoption of new technologies and design patterns
• Have an Agile mindset and are value-focused and guided by the Lean-Agile principles
• Have the courage to say what needs to be said in a respectful and tactful way, even if it’s not what people want to hear
• Have the desire to be a lifelong learner, enjoy sharing your knowledge by coaching others, and enable others to continuously improve through mentorship
• Above all, measure your own success by the success of your team and the satisfaction of our customers
Then, Personal Insurance Technology is the place for you!
• Is innovative and dedicated to creating forward-thinking software solutions and self-service digital capabilities that enable our company to continuously stay ahead of evolving customer expectations and emerging disruptive competition
• Has a passion for technology and designing industry-leading business capabilities
• Is responsible for developing technology systems that support our company’s workflow, policy administration and customer service processes
• Is made up of diverse, competent and reliable individuals who trust one another and feel free to express their feelings and ideas
• Is aligned with a shared vision and focused values, great at collaborating and accomplishing our tasks, and committed to quality results
• Adapts quickly to changing conditions and demands, takes accountability as a group, and works hard to our accomplish goals
• Reflects and learns from past experience and is committed to relentless improvement
• Recognizes and values team contributions and celebrates successes
Travelers is a property casualty insurer with a rich history of innovation that spans three centuries and has yielded numerous “industry firsts.” We issued the first insurance policies for automobiles, aircraft liability, accidents in space flight and lunar exploration, and identity fraud expense reimbursement, and we created the first predictive analytical model to help injured employees avoid chronic pain and opioid abuse. We are a leader in personal, business and specialty insurance and the only property casualty company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
At Travelers, our single biggest competitive advantage is our people. Every day, our employees move Travelers closer to achieving the vision of being the undeniable choice for the customer and an indispensable partner for our agents and brokers. We are a team driven to fulfilling our promise to take care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the power of 30,000 people. All working together to ensure that we’re performing today and transforming for tomorrow.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
You will play a critical role in the delivery of a next generation platform to power our business centers and its service operations
You will explore technology and design patterns that will enable us to maintain our competitive edge in the digital world
You will be able to influence and set technical direction for our Agile Teams
You will have the freedom to be open-minded, creative and self-critical
You will design solutions for new and exciting capabilities that will enable our customers to be better connected and engaged with personal insurance process
You will have the autonomy to explore new processes, especially in the spirit of Agile – do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don’t work
You will utilize your critical thinking skills to analyze challenges and organize the team around a solution
High School diploma or equivalent required.
3 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
3 years in the insurance or financial services industry experience preferred
Experience with CTI, IVR, and/or Genesys technologies a plus
Experience with Salescloud and/or Servicecloud offerings from Salesforce preferred
Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field preferred
7 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred
Experience managing others preferred
Security and/or Cloud Architecture experience a plus
2 years of experience as a technical lead preferred
Experience with mobile, web, middleware, content management, host and/or database solutions and related architecture styles
Experience with custom application development, Software as a Service (SaaS) and Cloud based architectures preferred
Experience with multiple data integration techniques using SOAP, REST, ETL and MQ
Ability to serve as a senior technologist and architectural advisor directly influencing a large information technology organization via your strong technical leadership
Ability to perform as a lead technologist to masterfully assess and design applications, systems solutions, and interfaces for multiple systems
Skilled with broad, conceptual understanding of the technology architecture trends and directions coupled with demonstrated technical mastery for technologies, frameworks, and/or languages
Ability to influence and set technical direction
Skilled at contributing and communicating your expert knowledge of applications/systems and concepts to a broader audience
Ability to architect end-to-end solutions across distributed, host and business intelligence environments
Ability to influence teams to a future state while understanding the need to make practical decisions along the way
Strong ability to create a following amongst a technical group
Technical Knowledge : Has a broad conceptual understanding of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of the business environment.
Problem Solving & Decision Making: Demonstrates advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory. Able to develop solutions by applying accepted processes or creating new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information. Sees the big picture and is fully aware of technology and business directions. Has department, corporate and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers. Optimizes the use of all available resources. Bases decisions on an accurate understanding of the situation, is able to infer future needs of known and unprecedented situations based on an advanced understanding of technology and business objectives. Effectively assesses the long-term and short-term implications of decisions on the department, corporation and group.
Team Orientation: Maintains partnerships across the organization, and can influence senior management, peers and staff through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results. The success of the team is above own interest. Self-Management: Manages cross-functional objectives and/or priorities supporting assigned business area(s). Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for decision making. Results reviewed periodically according to predefined objectives. Sets level of risk taking and gathers/synthesizes information to all appropriate levels of the organization.
Commitment to Quality Results: Provides direction and effectively leads by example to ensure that all services are meeting the stated business objectives on a timely basis with excellent quality, at a reasonable cost. Keeps all areas informed of developments affecting their function. Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs, and effectively communicates in a manner consistent with the audience. Educates and influences customers on the most effective use of technology, from both a short-term and long-term perspective.
Planning and Project Management: Ensures all planning is supportive of the business strategic plans. Critical planning is required as modifications are difficult and costly and may impair achieving of departmental and corporate objectives. Change requires reassessing and adjusting tactical and/or operational direction.
Financial Awareness: Understands all fiscal budgeting and expense control for area of responsibility. Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness. Responsible for handling and designing systems to handle important and confidential information.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email (TAPHYREQ@travelers.com) so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
- Travelers Jobs