Travelers Software Engineer (.NET) in Pierre, South Dakota
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Travelers is seeking a Software Engineer I (.NET) to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. We offer a unique opportunity to join a team that thrives on creative problem-solving and challenging the status-quo. Our employees are continuously changing the way we think about and conduct business, and through the generation of new ideas, they are empowering us to meet the evolving needs of our business partners and customers.
In this role, you will solve, test and implement some of our most challenging end-to-end engineering problems that will ultimately advance our organization through technology.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
As a valued member of our technology engineering community you will:
Collaborate with a robust team of engineers to sharpen your skills, learn various emerging technologies while working on key business initiatives. Along the way, gain experience to help advance your career at Travelers.
Provide mentorship as needed to team members on complex engineering solutions while fostering a team environment.
Research and apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions for software engineering problems.
Perform analysis, design, development, defect resolution and configuration of projects ranging in complexity. Define technical requirements on projects.
Tackle well-scoped projects in partnership with your team.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience.
One year of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
Three years of programming/development experience focused on (or including) .NET and/or .NET Core concepts and design patterns. Working knowledge of:
Design and development of web service technologies such as REST, or JSON
Automated unit, UI, and End-to-End tests such as NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest or Selenium
DevOps, CI/CD, and configuration management tools
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems rather than working around them, recognize mistakes using them as learning opportunities and break down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in well- scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
- Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email (TAPHYREQ@travelers.com) so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
- Travelers Jobs