General Electric Software Engineering Specialist in Pierre, South Dakota
To develop Energy Management and Distribution Management software application for Power on Reliance/E-Terra Product
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
• Understands performance parameters and can assess application performance.
• Understands core data structures and algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice. Is eager to pair and learn.
• Understands the importance of test-driven development and high-quality output.
• Is open to receiving guidance and direction; asks questions and communicate challenges.
1.B Tech/BE/ME/M.Tech in Electrical/Computer sciences from reputed institutes
2.Good knowledge in Design and implementation with C# and Core Java (Object oriented programming)
- Ability to work in a group environment as a team player and be flexible with product change requests.
4.Solid communication skills (oral & written)
- Experience with agile development
2.Exposure to Configuration Management tools such as ClearCase
3.6-Sigma GB certified or awareness of 6-Sigma methodology (Internal to GE)
Exposure to Java and Internet Technologies
Experience working in multiple development environments, and with a variety of operating systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: India; Hyderabad, Bangalore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.