Lumen Sr Project Manager - Nationwide in Pierre, South Dakota
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Lead Project Manager you will provide project leadership, analytical and problem solving guidance, and business judgment to support strategic and tactical initiatives. You have in-depth telecom knowledge and at least 6
years’ experience in a leading Telecom operator. You will also provide leadership in materially improving operational rigor in terms of planning, best practice sharing, and results measurement. You will demonstrate clear strength in people leadership, top quartile performance in a matrix environment. You will be a self-starter who can work in a rapidly changing industry; tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership.
The Main Responsibilities
• Work with Finance and Product teams to identify scope and drive critical projects and initiatives, aiming at improving Lumen’s operational rigor.
• Lead structuring and executing major projects in shaping key performance drivers, and operating metrics.
• Lead cross functional, global teams to get work done, driving recommendations through to implementation.
• Guide sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights
• Communicate findings from initiatives to senior management and to the broader organization
• Motivate colleagues and team to achieve aggressive goals and objectives
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and build high-performing project teams delivering significant business value
• BA/BS degree preferred. Technical degree or knowledge for technology strongly preferred
• Graduate degree from a business school optional, technical advanced degree a plus
• Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills and impeccable business judgment.
• Relevant work experience in management consulting firms a plus
• SQL Skills and a background in IT preferred
• Experience with programming languages and business analytics platforms such as MS Power BI or Tableau preferred
• Superior financial modeling skills, proficient PowerPoint user
• Expert knowledge of process improvement and project management methodologies such as Six Sigma, Operations Science, SDLC and Agile software development methodologies
• Proven ability to mentor and train junior project managers
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 243653
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs