Sirius Computer Solutions Sr. Solutions Specialist - BigFix in Pierre, South Dakota
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide advanced application installation, application configuration, and/or application architecture solutions and support to our clients. This position will participate in activities such as installing, deploying, configuring, programming, testing, and documentation. This position will also handle customer engagements requiring knowledge of multiple technologies, and provide technical sales support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide advanced application installation, application configuration, and/or application architecture solutions to clients by:
o Creating technical and conceptual specifications in support of the clients’ business needs and functional specifications
o Developing custom code and interfaces to other application systems as defined by the technical specifications
o Conducting Unit Testing
• Resolve issues discovered during System/Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing
• Document detailed design and code
• Installs and Configures IBM Endpoint Management (BigFix) solutions, including:
Device Setup and Configuration
Health Check and Upgrades
-New Device Implementation
- Analysis and tuning of system for maximum effectiveness.
• Documents completed solution installation, and configuration work for the client.
• Maintains technical specifications.
• Conducts an informal knowledge transfer session with Client on utilizing the system to increase proficiency and ensure maximum results are achieved
• Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) prior to services delivery
• Communicates status of engagement to customer, Sirius’ Services management, and Sirius rep as appropriate during engagement.
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least five years Information Technology experience, to include at least two (2) years experience installing and configuring IBM Endpoint Manager/BigFix V8.2 or later and add-on components
Other Position Requirements –
• Demonstrated knowledge of Relevance language and Action Script
• Demonstrated knowledge of operating system deployment and administration in Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac OS X
• Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP, network topology and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server V2005 and above
• Demonstrated knowledge of LDAP including Windows Active Directory
• Demonstrated knowledge of unattended installation methods for software products
• Demonstrated experience working with customers to clarify needs and requirements and to build a solution vision
• Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
• Demonstrated experience making technical decisions regarding assigned tasks when presented with options by other team members
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
• Demonstrated experience creating technical documentation
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of SOAP and Session Relevance
• Demonstrated knowledge of IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment
• Demonstrated knowledge of general security concepts and standard security configurations
• Basic knowledge of scripting languages, query languages and XML
• Demonstrated knowledge of RAID configurations
• Demonstrated knowledge of OpenSSL
• Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL
• Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following:
o IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT)
o Software licensing management
o WSO2 administration experience
o Web Methods administration experience
o WAS administration with ND/HA and clustering
o Datapower administration with both physical and virtual
• Consulting experience
• IBM Endpoint Manager/BigFix certifications
Data Privacy and Security:
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.