LPR Construction Structural Welder in Rapid City, South Dakota
Under supervision, the Structural welder is responsible for welding structural members with welding procedures SMAW and/or FCAW.
- Join structural members together with welding procedures SMAW and/or FCAW.
- Perform work safely, complying with LPR policies at all times.
- Plan, lay-out, assembly, install and/or repair all types of structural members and related parts in accordance with the job specifications and plans.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of structural steel pieces.
- Test installed pieces and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
- Weld components according to the governing code and associated welding procedure specification (WPS).
- Follow established jobsite safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
Perform all other job-related duties as requested by supervisor. Required Experience
Must certify in welding procedures for LPR (See weld test pre-employment requirements below)
1” plate with steel backing, self-shielded flux core 3G and 4G positions. No gas shielded testing. (weld Innershield NR-233 wire)
- NCCER Certification for Craft preferred
Be part of LPR’s Team!
LPR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Tracking Code: 1160-573
Job Location: Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular