Assurant Supervisor, Policy Administration (Mon - Fri, 6:30am to 4:30pm) in Rapid City, South Dakota
- Participatesin the development of short- and long- term goals and plans for his or her work group. Provides coaching and direction to the associates while creating an environment which encourages customer sensitivity, teamwork, commitment, increased productivity, and superior quality. Develops, plans and implements succession plans that allow for career growth and development of associates. 40%.
- Communicatesapproved policies and procedures to subordinates and ensures compliance. Recommends change to policies and procedures as necessary and participates in the development and implementation of such changes. Effectively communicates with the Manager so she/he is informed of all necessary information regarding the associates, customers, and clients. 20%
- Coordinatesthe workflow of the unit and ensures work is distributed appropriately and that all standards are met on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Works with the Workload Management team to understand workload trends. Collaborates with other Policy Administration supervisors to develop weekly workload strategies, spot trends and implement work plans. 20%
- Performsperiodic quality reviews to ensure that proper processing service procedures are being followed. Provides feedback to staff in a timely manner and identifies and implements training solutions as needed to improve performance. 5%
- Hires,trains, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and terminates personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matters. Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates associates according to such standards. Communicates job performance standards.5%
- Maintainsrecords related to work group performance, attendance, payroll, and expenditures. Prepares or assists in the preparation of related reports. May conduct or participate in the analysis and resolution of operational issues. 5%
- Handlesescalated calls and correspondence referred by Associates and resolves exceptions and problems. Receives and investigates all complaints concerning the assigned area of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply. 5%
Responsibility for work of others-The Policy Admin Supervisor is responsible for between 10-20 direct reports.
Financial Responsibility-The Policy Admin Supervisor is accountable for managing the team budget and monitoring monthly expenditures. May participate in the development and administration of designated parts of an overall operational budget.
Minimum Qualifications: * 3 years of progressively more responsible experience in Customer Operations or * 1 year of supervisor experience.
Other requirements: * Computer skills required, including Word, Excel and Lotus Notes / Outlook. * Excellent verbal and written communications skills * Strong customer service skills * Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines * Work from home not an option. * An understanding of human resource policies and procedures. * Basic workflow management tools. * Well-developed interpersonal skills promoting team participation with assigned staff. * Motivational methods to improve and develop assigned staff. * Ability to engage co-workers and peers in cross-functional teams. * Multi-task and perform to multiple goals/objectives
Preferred Qualifications: * Senior level experience in Customer Operations and Preneed preferred * Strong knowledge of life insurance and Preneed products preferred * LOMA ACS or other designation recommended
Title: Supervisor, Policy Administration (Mon - Fri, 6:30am to 4:30pm)
Location: SD-Rapid City
Requisition ID: 57218