Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Buyer I in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Raven Engineered Films Division
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth’s resources and preserving asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible film and sheeting. From rugged, textured pond liners to highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to solve demanding challenges. We are looking for dedicated team members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and quality at all levels.
The Buyer I will be responsible to quote, negotiate, and purchase materials for the efficient operation of the division.
• Obtain materials quotes from suppliers and analyze for competitiveness.
• Negotiate pricing, payment terms, and freight terms.
• Purchase materials, supplies, tools, services, etc.
• Schedule delivery of materials to meet production schedule requirements.
• Perform repeat orders.
• Keep informed of markets and material pricing trends that effect the division.
• Assist with the supplier selection process. Investigate to determine reliability and ability as a supplier.
• Maintain document filing system.
• Participate in department improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field.
• Minimum 2 years purchasing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Considerable knowledge of purchasing procedures.
• Strong written and verbal communications.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with a computer.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.