Avera CL - CASE MANAGER in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: The nurse clinical case manager supports patient care navigation in the clinic setting. The clinical case manager's primary responsibility is to manage care for the patients of the primary care practice to promote effective education, self-management support, and timely health care delivery. This will include developing and monitoring care management processes and support primary clinical teams with these efforts. It will also include identifying the high acuity patient population and working to ensure care coordination for this patient population. The position involves some patient triage. The nurse clinical case manager will work with the clinic leadership and medical director (lead physician) of the practice to develop this position to best serve the needs of the patient panel and the primary care teams. This individual will work closely with the AMG Director of Patient Care Coordination/Medical Home and others to support the development, maintenance, and reporting of quality measures within the medical home model. The registered nurse will demonstrate performance consistent with professional standards of practice, care, and the Nurse Practice Act.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
· A minimum of 3 years of Clinic Nursing experience required. Five or more years of experience preferred.
· Case Management and/or homecare experience preferred.
· Bilingual Spanish preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of SD and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.