Avera CLINICAL BIOINFORMATICS ANALYST in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: This position applies computational approaches to effectively collect, manage and analyze the vast amounts of data made possible by modern technologies (such as massively parallel sequencing--Next Generation Sequencing--NGS).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, (medical) statistics, computer science, or a related field required.
· Strong programming and scripting skills, preferably in R and Python.
· Expertise in databases/SQL required.
· Proficiency in standard statistical concepts and methods.
· Ability to work independently and willingness to acquire new skills.
· Experience with NGS data, CLIA/CAP regulations and background in oncology are preferred.