Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Commodity Manager in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
COMPANY: Raven Industries
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-0201
REQ ID: 27982
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Raven Applied Technology is seeking a Commodity Manager to be responsible for managing the integration and ongoing support of supply chain partners for the division. The preferred candidate will have experience in commodity management or procurement with emphasis on large equipment.
Strong contract and negotiation experience desired. Essential Functions
• Manage quotation process, new product introduction, and delivery schedules with suppliers.
• Initiate purchase orders and communicate delivery and forecast requirements.
• Audit suppliers on processes and procedures for manufacturing and quality conformance.
• Initiates corrective actions with suppliers. Monitors effectiveness for further actions.
• Serve as liaison between supplier and production to facilitate root cause determination of issues.
• Analyze failure or reliability data and work with teams to drive improvements.
• Monitor and initiate improvement projects to current processes or policies.
• Keeps informed of new developments, methods, and techniques in the materials profession. Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field.
• Minimum 5 years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Considerable knowledge of inventory control procedures.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• High level of service.
• Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and creatively look for solutions.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Proficient with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.