Butler Machinery Company Construction Technology Sales Specialist in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Butler Machinery is a third generation family-owned company, proudly serving our communities since 1955. Our mission is to build long term relationships with our customers, founded on trust, generating mutual growth and succes
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Identifies and calls on prospects for construction machine control and guidance products within the defined sales territory and as assigned.
- Conducts jobsite and office presentations to demonstrate and sell machine control products utilizing total stations, GPS, data collectors, software and support.
- Works with BMC General Line Sale’s staff and management and acts as a resource to promote the sale of Trimble and Caterpillar grade control products.
- Provides customer support in the form of logistics, service and training.
- Develops sales call plans, organizes time and schedule to optimize sales opportunity.
- Resolves customer problems in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of grade control products and those of our competitors.
- Makes professional quotations and recommendations to the customer including financing options available.
- Pursues new business opportunities and ventures that directly/indirectly lead to additional sales.
- Tracks inventory throughout sales process.
- Completes all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintains weekly call reports, sales forecast reports and attend sales meetings.
- Provides input for marketing and advertising campaigns for the year.
- Provides classroom training and outreach programs to support the BMC Technology initiative, for both customers and employees.
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Actively cares and advocates safety at Butler Machinery. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with wireless technologies
- Experience building 3D models preferred
- In-depth experience working with computers, operating systems and installing/un-installing software
- Experience problem-solving technical issues
- Knowledge of and experience with machine control and guidance systems
- Good knowledge of construction industry and equipment.
- Knowledge of survey principles, concepts and operations
- Ability to speak in front of people – give presentations, explain technology issues and train new customers in a classroom setting
- Proficient with MS Office Suite Software (Excel, Word, Access, Internet, etc.).
- Able (and qualified) to drive Butler Machinery provided vehicle.
- Ability to operate heavy construction and agricultural equipment for the purpose of demonstration and training
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Two year technical school minimum and Engineering background preferred but not required
Category: Information Technology