Aerotek Controls Design Engineer in SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota
Our client is a rapidly growing company in the business of sales and service of electric controls, electrical motors, and power transmission products.
The focus of our panel designers is to support electrical sales with providing quotes, design custom industrial control panels, and aid in the supervision of the final construction of the panel. The designer will fully design and provide wiring schematics, layout drawings and a BOM. Designers are also expected to work as a team with the technicians to complete the construction of the panel. This position is a salaried position.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Research and review a variety of industry standard components.
· Design and specify panel component layout using electrical design software
· Generate electrical schematics, to include as built and field wiring provisions
· Develop and review project related drawings and documentation packages, such as wiring diagrams, bill of materials (BOMs), one
lines, cable specifications, network diagrams, manuals, specifications, and regulatory submittals
· Provide technical guidance and direction to customers, salesman, and electrical technicians
· Review project documents for scope, presentation, and technical accuracy
· Assisting with commissioning of industrial electrical and control systems
· Potential use of hand, power and machine tools as required
· Maintaining good working relationships and communication with customer, panel builders, department managers, and other team members to coordinate design
· Perform other functions as necessary.
Experience and Professional Requirements
· Vocational/Technical Training or 4-year degree preferred.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience or recognized equivalent.
· Be willing to learn by asking questions reading product information/literature and viewing training aides.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Basic Math skills .
· Enthusiastic and willing to take on responsibility.
· Safety minded.
· A team-oriented person with willingness to participate in a team culture.
· Ability to provide instruction and guidance to new and existing employees as needed.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs