Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Design Engineer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Raven Engineered Films Division
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth’s resources and preserving asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible film and sheeting. From rugged, textured pond liners to highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to solve demanding challenges. We are looking for dedicated team members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and quality at all levels.
Raven Engineered Films is currently seeking a Design Engineer to design, develop, and evaluate innovative new thermoplastic products from concept through commercialization stages, and make modifications as needed to solve unique customer challenges.
• Research, develop, and evaluate thermoplastic design concepts including materials, specifications, and manufacturing processes/equipment
• Perform or facilitate installation/testing related to the product, system, or process while ensuring manufacturability of design
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing products or processes.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers, distributors, vendors, or suppliers to initiate new designs and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications related to job function.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing products or processes.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Performs technical work that does not require previous experience.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, more specifically mechanical, chemical or physics.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.