MetaBank Director Accounting in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
This position is responsible for overseeing the Accounting Department. The Accounting Director will supervise the accounting staff while ensuring all functions and procedures of the department are running smoothly and efficiently. They will also be in charge of the Corporate Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports, annual audits, budgets and corporate income tax compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for ensuring all transactions and financial policies meet federal guidelines.
- Research the most technical accounting issues and prepare recommendations for management and audit support papers.
- Analyze and review financial information prior to submitting to external departments and parties.
- Review monthly tax provision, tax entries, tax research papers, and have working knowledge of IRS tax code.
- Review and recommend policy changes, assess internal control structure on a regular basis and recommend changes to benefit Meta.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Review regulatory and SEC reports including Call Report, 10K and 10Q.
- Manages SEC, Regulatory and GAAP reporting. Uses in depth knowledge of each to ensure Meta meets reporting requirements.
- Read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Develop best practices for internal controls.
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
- Responsible for supervision of others to include: hiring, training, assigning and directing work, establishing goals, evaluating performance and resolving employee-related issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8+ years accounting experience required.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation required.
- Merger and acquisition experience preferred.
- FDCIA and SOX experience preferred.
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Location: Sioux Falls, SD