MetaBank Director IT Audit in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The Director of IT Audit performs a variety of tasks which include information technology, operational, financial, and compliance audits to add value and improve MetaBank operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide clear, concise and appropriate documentation of work performed, issues and observations using oral and written forms of communication.
- Determine if proper password authentication and creation protocol are being followed.
- Conduct information security assessments to ensure that information contained within an IT system is accessible by authorized personnel only including security on all workstations, servers and databases.
- Review IT systems to determine if adequate standards are in place for system development, data center operations and security, data base management and security, network administration and overall information security.
- Perform application control reviews over individual application systems such as accounts payable, inventory, payroll or human resources to determine the effectiveness of controls over individual application systems.
- Assist in security policy and procedure development, development and management of platform configuration standards and regulatory compliance efforts.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and management policies or procedures.
- Research and consult on audit services in a wide range of bank product and service lines.
- May work with outside auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external audit function.
- Coordinate participation in multiple projects with varying responsibility; communicates with appropriate stakeholders in audit and business leadership groups.
- Participate in and/or manages projects, completing assigned tasks and responsibilities within the assigned budget and timeline and explaining variances.
- Manage plans and executes internal audit projects. Duties involve establishing the audit objectives and scope, developing work programs, planning, kickoff meetings, work paper review, status updates, closing meetings and reporting.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to reduce risk and improve the overall effectiveness of the Meta organization.
- Understand and apply audit methodology practices (i.e., service quality process) and role within the process.
- Manage and oversee the following tasks: advisory, financial reporting audits, information technology audits, regulatory compliance and/or Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Map technology risks and controls that could adversely impact business results or deteriorate control levels.
- Review processes and technology practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant best practices, procedural efficiency and accuracy.
- Summarize high-level communications across businesses and functions; participates in call programs for senior leaders and management, maintaining ongoing and open communications with management on internal controls.
- Stay abreast of emerging issues involving internal audit and changes to federal and state banking laws, rules and regulations that could impact the organization.
- Responsible for supervision of others to include: hiring, training, assigning and directing work, establishing goals, evaluating performance and resolving employee-related issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years of IT Audit experience and/or training required.
- Subject matter expertise of IT general controls (e.g. Security, Change Management, System Development Life cycle, Disaster Backup Recovery, Data Center) required.
- Advanced understanding of IT domains (IT strategy, governance, project management, service support, service delivery, etc.) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with at least one of the following operation system and database platforms (e.g. Mainframe, Client/Server, Windows, UNIX, AS400, DB2, etc.) required.
- Professional certifications such as: CGEIT, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CBCP, PCIP preferred.
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Location: Sioux Falls, SD