Citigroup Engineering & Architecture – Role Profile: C16 Head of Developer Services in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Head of Development Technology & Process
253379 Architecture Function Grp Mgr
· Formulate the technology standards (the technology stack) to be used for the development of software within GCT for on-premises or off-premises (e.g. AWS, Azure) environments, ensuring alignment of these standards to enterprise requirements, the needs of GCT’s development leaders/practitioners, and their vitality over time.
· Set design patterns/standards to ensure appropriate/effective use of technology standards and compliance with Citi’s security and control requirements; develop and maintain common services/frameworks to support integration of technology standards into Citi’s environment and ease/efficiency of their use by GCT’s development community.
· Govern GCT’s methodology for software development with the goal of achieving agility, efficiency, and quality in software development, testing, and project management across multiple technology domains (i.e. digital, legacy, analytics, RPA, etc.); influence and certify compliance with Citi’s SDLC control requirements to ensure an appropriate standard of control implemented efficiently on a consistent basis.
· Govern the suite of tools and their integration required to enable development, testing, and release of software using GCT’s standard technologies and methods; ensure simplicity and efficiency of use; effective adoption by the development community and measured and acceptable ROI on tooling investment.
· Lead the adoption of technology, design, methodology, and tool standards across GCT’s development community in conjunction with the respective development leads; ensure realization of intended value via the right awareness/education, guidance and oversight on effective use and visibility of appropriate adoption metrics.
· Implement the end-to-end development process to provide a measured view of productivity, speed, cost, and quality; develop insight and actions to continuously improve performance through evolving technologies, design patterns, methods, and/or adoption and capability.
· Manage engagement into CTI Developer Services to ensure alignment between engineering priorities and timelines for software/development and supporting infrastructure product and delivery commitments being made by GCT; serve as the conduit into CTI Developer Services to communicate requirements for the selection and certification of new software/infrastructure technologies.
· Provide thought leadership with respect to the key technologies and practices adopted across the E&A function and their evolution towards a world-class standard of technology and process maturity and efficiency.
· Recruit and develop high performing talent; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect, and collaboration across the E&A function and with GCT, CTI, CTI Developer Services, and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism, and excellence.
· Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, leading practices, and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations.
· Ensure all regulatory, compliance, and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of E&A responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
15+ years in senior technology/engineering leadership roles within financial services or a related industry; specific experience in leading large-scale software delivery in a complex distributed environment employing a mix of modern and legacy technologies.
Proven track record in applying leading software delivery practices (e.g. requirements modeling, agile software development, automated testing, CI/CD) to optimize software development cost, productivity, and quality.
Understanding of and experience in software design principles necessary to create extensible, scalable, efficient, and resilient software services for deployment to a high volume, mission critical production environment.
Extensive knowledge of and experience in current technologies including SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, micro-services, RESTful APIs, machine learning, and robotic process automation.
Well developed knowledge of software quality management; experience in the adoption of cost, productivity, and quality metrics for software delivery and the use of these to drive continuous performance improvement.
Proven ability to attract, develop, engage, and sustain world-class engineering/technical talent, build collaborative higher performing teams, and foster a culture of innovation and excellence.
Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization.
Experience in development and deployment of software to on-premises and off-premises cloud PaaS/IaaS environments.
Commercially savvy and experienced in formulating and executing innovative commercial arrangements for products and/or services.
Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems, and roles.
SPECIAL SKILLS /
The successful candidate will posses the following leadership/personal qualities:
· Be creative, energetic, and passionate, driven by the desire to achieve a world-class standard of performance and exceptional customer experience.
· Be an intelligent risk taker, someone who challenges the status quo, operates across boundaries, and seeks win-win outcomes.
· Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity, and the confidence and conviction to live and uphold the values of Citi.
· Be decisive and balanced in decision making; balancing strategic vs. tactical and risk vs. cost vs. speed to arrive at pragmatic and sustainable solutions.
· Span boundaries to draw into Citi the best possible insight, experience, and technology capability from current and potential partner organizations.
· Be disciplined in execution, retaining tight governance over multiple dimensions of performance and ensuring commitments are understood and met.
· Be an outstanding leader of people able to create a compelling vision and deeply engage, inspire, and motivate people to achieve beyond their own expectations.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citigroup Jobs