Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Facilities Project Engineer 1 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Facilities Project Engineer 1
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
Join a technology company dedicated to improving lives through innovative technology solutions. Today, Raven is focused on solving these Great Challenges:
Feeding a growing population by improving agricultural efficiency around the world
Protecting our natural resources
Saving and improving lives through advanced situational awareness
Connecting the world
Raven is organized into three business units that sell our advanced products and solutions within their niche markets. Our Corporate Services team supports the daily operations and business activities of all three.
The Facilities Project Engineer will perform and assist with overall functions of Facilities Department to ensure efficient operations.
• Evaluate needs of internal customers and propose, design and/or deliver solutions.
• Oversee and complete small to medium sized facility related projects.
• Responsible to keep projects on plan timeline and deliverables, both by internal and external resources.
• Work with internal teams, customer, and vendors to facilitate effective communication.
• Prepare reports of project data, evaluate, and provide recommendations based on findings. Lead or contribute input for improvements.
• Solicit questions and manage bids for projects.
• Ensure CAP-EX process is followed.
• Design building floorplans and workstation layouts.
• Update CAD drawings as necessary, create new drawings to support overall functions of the facilities department.
• Participate in the budgeting process.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, in field related to specific position.
• 3+ years maintenance experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years experience with AutoCAD.
• Proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Office and CAD applications.
• Ability to design and manage projects.
• Ability to read drawings and blueprints, and maintain accurate records.
• Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Understanding of local and national codes.
• Basic problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• High level of customer service. Ability to be flexible and multitask. Strong organizational skills.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.