Great Western Bank Financial Analyst (Accountant III) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
The Financial Analyst is responsible for partnering with all areas of the business to support efficiency and effectiveness and to drive business performance in all aspects of the Banks operations, including the development of financial plans, budgets and forecasts. Candidate must be a team player and energized to learn intricate details of Great Western Bank processes, accounting and financial reporting requirements, and core platform system including general ledger.
• Responsible for monthly branch allocations, internal management reporting, and other reporting and ad-hoc analysis as required.
• Understand business operations, influencing key business drivers, and provide insightful analysis.
• Become a resource for management throughout the bank and assist them in understanding financial performance.
• Assist in the preparation of meaningful and realistic budgets and forecasts.
• Effectively communicate across multiple levels and departments of the Bank.
• Consistently look for ways to improve processes based on input delivery and technological platforms for improved efficiencies while upholding the highest integrity and accuracy. Automation methods will be critical for leveraging through a changing and growing business.
• Ability to problem solve and identify opportunities to use tools and techniques to improve quality and efficiency.
• Serve as a liaison with operational and retail areas to foster great internal customer service in a timely manner.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• 1-3 years financial analysis or accounting experience required; some experience in banking preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, highly skilled in Excel.
• Strong business acumen, excellent written, verbal/nonverbal and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information.
• Proven analytical and accuracy skills. Requires attention to detail.
• Must be a self starter, with a strong initiative, drive and interest in developing performance.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs