Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Hydraulic Systems Engineer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hydraulic Systems Engineer
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
Founded by an innovative engineer whose passion is efficiency and farming, DOT Technology Corp. was established in 2017 to bring autonomy to agriculture. Today, DOT® is a leader in autonomous agriculture solutions as a result of the Dot Power Platform, a mobile diesel-powered platform designed to handle a large variety of implements through its patented U-shaped frame. Working for farmers, Dot completes tasks autonomously through its accurate path planning technology — enabling farmers to spend more of their time focusing on their overall operations.
The Hydraulic Systems Engineer will oversee development of hydraulic aspects of an agricultural vehicle platform from concept through production states. Candidates should have design experience with hydrostatic drive systems. A knowledge of electric drive systems is also beneficial.
• Research, develop, and evaluate design concepts including materials, specifications, equipment, or machines.
• Perform or facilitate installation/testing related to the product, system, or process.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing products or processes.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers, distributors, vendors, or suppliers to initiate new designs and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing products or processes.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Has broad knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline. Assignments are broad in nature requiring creativity and ingenuity.
• Responsible for defining technical approaches and tasks related to activities and projects.
• Performs moderate technical work that requires previous experience.
• Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions. Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion.
• May act as a lead on projects to guide lower level engineers and technicians.
• Experienced engineer with 5+ years of career experience and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Or 3+ years of career experience and a Master's degree. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of vehicle wiring systems.
• Experience in hydraulics and hydrostatic drive system design required.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is preferred.
• Well developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with SolidWorks and Microsoft Word/Excel
• Team player who is self-motivated, and as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team and leadership.
DOT is an EO employer - M/F/Disabled.