MetaBank Information Systems Technician in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The Information Systems Technician provides advanced problem solving support to computer users and provides maintenance and repair for systems and products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Determine if computer issues are caused by hardware, such as modem, printer, cables, etc.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for user issues.
- Follow up on the problem tickets to ensure user satisfaction.
- Analyze problem tickets to identify trends to pro-actively resolve those issues.
- Provide primary or secondary support responsibilities for key desktop applications.
- Perform production support and administration tasks as scheduled including but not limited to imaging and patching desktops and laptops, system back-up, software updates, and data loads.
- Assist in the coordination and installation of hardware and software for the division, branch, department or user.
- Assist in resolving post installation technical issues that arise.
- Escalate to management or appropriate security personnel of network and system health including security breaches.
- Assist in monitoring network and system health by responding to alerts and escalating appropriately.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or logged tickets regarding PC, hardware and/or software problems.
- Manages Desktop Technician queue to include assigning and prioritizing work assignments.
- Install and test hardware and software, and implementation of procedural changes.
- Provide documentation as needed to support established goals of the IS department
- Configure systems to meet organizational objectives while maintaining defined system, application and security standards.
- Assist in the maintenance of all hardware and software inventories.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows based operating systems and applications required.
- Ability to manage internal banking-related software packages, trouble shoot connectivity and computer-related issues preferred.
- Knowledge of networking topologies (i.e. Ethernet, LAN, WAN) and VPN connectivity requirements desired.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Department: 701-IS Infrastructure
Location: Sioux Falls, SD