Great Western Bank Investment Operations Specialist in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
Support Financial Advisors as needed. Processes mutual fund and variable annuity applications, assists in customer service work, answers sales representative questions, and resolves problems. Coordinates the reporting, tracking and correspondence required to maintain mutual fund, stock, and variable annuity accounts.
• Processes mutual fund and variable annuity applications by verifying correctness and completeness of information, as well as submitting applications to appropriate companies to assure timely action on the application by the company and registered representative. Books applicable mutual fund purchases directly to the fund company.
• Produces weekly report of securities sales for Great Western Bank Investment records, Broker/Dealer.
• Enters all data on mutual fund and variable annuity accounts into the agency computer files including all purchases, redemption’s, exchanges and transfers, year end statement information, registration changes and any other applicable service requests. Maintains necessary files on all customer accounts.
• Responds to questions from customers and sales representatives and assists with problems and situations by supplying written or verbal suggestions, answers and solutions as requested. Handles any discrepancies and problems with mutual fund and variable annuity accounts.
• Enters in cash receipts for all securities sales.
• Organizes and maintains all mutual fund and variable annuity, and brokerage statements keeping a set for Great Western Bank Investments records and sending out copies to appropriate registered representatives.
• Obtains signature guarantees when needed for customers.
• Runs various reports as needed on agency system.
• Associate’s degree or two years of business required.
• Three to five years of equivalent experience, preferably in the financial industry with customer service focus, may be substituted for education.
•Prefer Licenses in life and annuities as well as FINRA Series 7 and 66 or ability to obtain within one year.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with customers, employees and insurance companies.
• Advanced PC skills with advanced skills in spreadsheet applications required.
• Analytical ability to work effectively with customers, employees, broker/dealer and fund companies to resolve problems.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs