Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions IT Network Administrator in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
IT Network Administrator
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
Join a technology company dedicated to improving lives through innovative technology solutions. Today, Raven is focused on solving these Great Challenges:
Feeding a growing population by improving agricultural efficiency around the world
Protecting our natural resources
Saving and improving lives through advanced situational awareness
Connecting the world
Raven is organized into three business units that sell our advanced products and solutions within their niche markets. Our Corporate Services team supports the daily operations and business activities of all three.
The IT Network Administrator will be responsible to design, configure, install, and support hardware, software, and related applications on the company’s network. Ensure stable and secure operation of Information Technology assets.
• Assist engineering on a variety of tasks and projects, including installation and support of: software, equipment, servers, network infrastructure, storage devices, VoIP equipment, and other system components.
• Perform backups of systems, files, and configurations.
• Support end users, including system troubleshooting and training.
• Provide third party support, and provide feedback/training to team.
• Facilitate asset management, including maintenance contracts.
• Test and prepare software applications for installation.
• Prepare and present technical reports and recommendations on projects.
• Participate in department improvement activities.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 2+ years' successful network troubleshooting experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Any relevant certifications preferred.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Networking – CCNA, CCNP, CCVP, Cisco technology skills preferred.
• Systems – VM Ware, SANS, Servers.
• LAN/WAN Infrastructure (Cisco)
• Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal supervision
• Proven experience managing medium to large complex network
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Basic problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.