Great Western Bank Legal Research Specialist I in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
The Legal Research Specialist plays a key role in fulfilling legal requests and keeping the bank in compliance with laws and regulations regarding garnishments, levies and subpoenas. Frequent collaboration with internal legal counsel and various law enforcement/judicial agencies is necessary and vital to the success of this role.
• Process garnishments, levies and subpoenas; this includes activity management, letter/correspondence, hold maintenance and cutting checks.
• Accurately interpret and fulfill the requirements of: Releases, Court Documents and Small Estate Affidavits upon receipt and within stated timelines.
• Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers by responding to inquiries and service events in a timely manner.
• Process multiple types of inquiries in a professional, fast-paced, and high traffic environment.
• Exercise discretion, strong interpersonal skills and independent judgment.
• Actively identify and report potential risks and fraudulent activities.
• Train fellow employees in your respective functions to ensure we’re consistent in meeting our legal obligations.
• Identify and recommend process improvements.
• SME of respective procedures and responsible for creating and maintaining them.
• Participate in meetings and training seminars as required to stay current on laws and regulation changes.
• Cross train and learn other functions within the department and operations as needed.
• Assist with projects, conversions and related testing.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelors degree preferred.
• 3+ years of banking experience or experience with banking systems preferred.
• Experience working with Garnishment/ Levies/ Subpoenas preferred.
• Accurate data entry/transaction processing skills.
• Proficient computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Intranet.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented.
• High level of professionalism with internal and external customers.
• Flexibility to adapt and work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Independent decision making with minimal supervision.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs