Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Machine Technician II (Days) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Machine Technician II (Days)
COMPANY: Raven Engineered Films Division
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
REQ ID: 28124
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth’s resources and preserving asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible film and sheeting. From rugged, textured pond liners to highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to solve demanding challenges. We are looking for dedicated team members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and quality at all levels.
The Machine Technician II will set up, monitor, and repair machines in the production area to ensure efficient operation of the division.
• Performs troubleshooting and repair on machines.
• Designs or modifies equipment, jigs, fixtures, and tooling.
• Performs preventative maintenance on machines, and maintains records.
• Assist with installation of new machines and equipment.
• Maintains appropriate documentation on machines and equipment.
• Order parts through internal procedures, or external sources.
• May operate machines as needed.
• Depending on division, may be responsible for chemical recycling for production operations.
• May train team members on operation of machines.
• May perform minor welding.
• Depending on location, provides assistance with facility maintenance.
• Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions.
• Participate in production improvement initiatives.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow established safety and ergonomic standards.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• Diagnose and repair electronic controls.
• Perform troubleshooting to look for areas of opportunity, as well as production issues.
• Contributes to the team and projects in an above average manner.
• Leads projects from start to finish with limited guidance.
For positions involving new machines and equipment:
• Coordinate and oversee tasks of contractors.
• Fabricate and assemble machine components.
• Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Electro-Mechanical or Mechatronics is prefered.
• 3+ years experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of three phase power, VFD's and PLC's is required.
• Ability to read schematics and interpret equipment manuals.
• Strong electrical and/or mechanical skills.
• Ability to use various hand tools and test equipment.
• Proficiency with a computer. Knowledge of AutoCAD is helpful.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work at a fast pace efficiently.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Welding knowledge is beneficial.
• Comprehensive knowledge of electrical and/or mechanical systems.
• Initiative to bring resolution to a problem without being promoted.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions. Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
For positions involving new machines or equipment:
• Basic understanding of construction and rigging techniques.
• Experience with welding, metal saws, drill presses, mills, and lathes.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.