Vighter Medical Group Neurologist in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
South Dakota - VA Programs
Sioux Falls, SD, United States
Location: VA Medical Center in Sioux Fall, SD
Vighter seeks a Board Eligible / Board Certified Neurologist to work at the Sioux Falls VA Medical Center in South Dakota. Physician(s)’ care shall cover the range of neurology services as would be provided in a state-of-the-art civilian medical treatment facility and the standard of care shall be of a quality, meeting or exceeding currently recognized national standards for American Academy of Neurology
Reports to: VP Operations
Licensure & Certifications
· Possess a current unrestricted license to practice medicine in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Colombia
· Board Certified/Board Eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
· BLS certification
· Provide comprehensive clinical neurologist physician service
· Estimated 95%of the time involved in direct patient care.
· Approximate number of patients per clinic: 8-12 patients per day (estimated)
· Electroencephalography, both recording and interpretation
· Perform and interpret electromyography and nerve conduction velocity studies
· Perform Lumbar punctures
· Intrathecal administration of medications
· Prescribe/order medications in accordance with our formulary system
· Provide Telemedicine cervices
· Complete exams for compensation and pension/disability purposes
· Botox Injections
· Trigger point injections
· Code Stroke Coverage
· Follow all established medication policies and procedures. No sample medications shall be provided to patients.
· Estimated 10% of time not involved in direct patient care for meetings, administrative tasks, etc.
· Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and meetings with committee participation as required by the VAMC Chief of Service, Chief of Staff, or designee.
· Complete the appropriate QM/PI documentation pertaining to all procedures, complications and outcome of examinations.
· Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
· Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
· Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
· Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
· Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
· Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
· Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
· Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
· Must be able to pass a 5-panel urine drug screen
· General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
· Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Position is contingent upon contract award.