Avera NURSE PRACTITIONER in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: Avera eCARE, the largest telemedicine network of its kind serving a rural area, is transforming the delivery of rural health care. Applications of eCARE include Specialty Clinic, Behavioral Health, Intensive Care, Emergency, Pharmacy, Correctional Health, Hospitalist, and Senior Care.
Avera eCare Behavioral Health serves rural areas underserved by behavioral health services. Telemedicine connects the provider and patient together for collaboration in improving mental wellbeing.
JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of behavioral healthcare, medical management and education of patients at the clinic in collaboration with a physician or psychiatrist. Nurse Practitioners practice under the rules and regulations of the Nurse Practice Act of the state in which they work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing or equivalent required.
· Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist program required.
· Master's degree required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· An active CNP or CNS license and an active RN license from the South Dakota Board of Nursing are required. Ability to obtain licensing in other states within 6 months of hire.
· Certification as an APRN through the South Dakota Board of Nursing with designation specific to the board of practice is required.
· Federal and State DEA certification is required.