Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Payroll Coordinator (Part-time) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Payroll Coordinator (Part-time)
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
Join a technology company dedicated to improving lives through innovative technology solutions. Today, Raven is focused on solving these Great Challenges:
Feeding a growing population by improving agricultural efficiency around the world
Protecting our natural resources
Saving and improving lives through advanced situational awareness
Connecting the world
Raven is organized into three business units that sell our advanced products and solutions within their niche markets. Our Corporate Services team supports the daily operations and business activities of all three.
Raven is seeking a part-time Payroll Coordinator to join its Human Resources Team. The preferred schedule is 8am to 5pm, three days per week. Monday and Tuesday would be required, while the other day is open for discussion.
Summary Performs clerical functions associated with timekeeping and payroll administration for the company.
• Assist with all functions of timekeeping and payroll administration.
• Have a thorough understanding of the timekeeping and payroll software systems.
• Provide service for incoming calls to answer common payroll questions.
• Assist with reviewing timecards to ensure proper calculations.
• Researches and resolves discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
• Contact various department supervisors for any missed times or timecard issues.
• Verifies and enters payroll changes into the payroll system.
• Assist Payroll Specialist with compiling data, entering batches and processing payroll edits.
• Run and save various reports related to payroll and benefit deductions.
• Performs clerical duties including record-keeping, typing, filing, and shredding.
• Assist with preparation and reconciliation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, including W2’s.
• Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions and encourages their teams to do the same.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent education.
• 1 year related administrative experience is preferred.
• Ability to work with highly confidential information and documentation with discretion.
• Exceptional oral and written communications, and customer service skills.
• Proficient with a computer, including Microsoft Office programs.
• Familiarity with the HR body of knowledge is beneficial.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.