MetaBank Procurement Management Specialist in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The Procurement Management Specialist will be expected to represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with supplies of materials. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operational activities associated with the procurement and delivery of corporate goods and services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish processes to review purchases across the company starting with key categories.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management policies and procedures.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive supplier relationships while assuring compliance standards are being met.
- Effectively negotiate contracts with vendors and suppliers to obtain optimal product pricing, payment terms and delivery terms.
- Works within a given budget to purchase goods and services for an organization.
- Evaluates or monitors contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Develop and implements strategic plans for the company’s long-term supply needs.
- Develop and maintain a streamlined application for suppliers.
- Researches material quality and pricing and assesses financial performance of products.
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge about every aspect of the company’s costs.
- Order tracking and inventory management.
- Maintain accurate records of goods ordered and received.
- Negotiates with vendors in settlement for inferior or defective materials, invoice discrepancies, or other fulfillment errors or delays.
- Stays informed of economic and business situations as they affect suppliers, supplier processes and the company's ability to procure material in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Challenge old ways of doing things and continuously improve and streamline processes.
- Create time saving tools and systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years procurement and supply chain experience
- Legal knowledge and attention to detail in the drawing up of contracts
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with limited consultation and guidance
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to reason complex problems that involve technical issues combined with financial and strategic requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Direct experience contracting with third party services suppliers
- Project Management and/or Contract Management Experience
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Department: 892-HR & Administration
Location: Sioux Falls, SD