Master Brand Cabinets Inc Production Supervisor (Sioux Falls, South Dakota) in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the daily operations associated with supporting 3 departments (Drawers, Trim Line, and South Cell)) on 1st shift. Manage all production departments prior to Shipping Department to meet hourly objectives to support team production requirements. Ensure all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner. Drive department improvements in all areas of responsibility – Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Continuous Improvement, and MPS systems.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all employees and ensuring that employees work safely and follow company safety policies.
- Ensure, through review of safety and incident reports, inspection reports and visual observation, that safety requirements are being met.
- Through periodic meetings with employees, assure safety and health matters are communicated and prompt corrective action taken when needed.
- Coordinate the efforts of team leads and employees through daily and weekly productivity for the Production areas including Drawers, Trim Line, and South Cell, including providing time sensitive information for production reports and to ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining quality standards.
- Continually look for ways to ensure quality, improve product flow, and increase efficiencies within the department, as well as reduce rework and plant warranties.
- Responsible for documenting and reporting any deficiencies to the Plant Manager and Production Manager.
- Work with the Plant Manager and Production Manager to coordinate the efforts made in the Drawer, Trim Line, and South Cell departments.
- Assist Drawer, Trim Line, and South Cell associates to solve production problems on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for writing memos and documenting procedures that affect the Assembly Production departments in coordination with the Plant Manager and Production Manager.
- Initiate corrective action, verbally and written, on a daily basis where goals are not being met. Inform supervision of potential problem areas.
- Assist Plant and Production Management in analyzing field claims reports; determine origin of problem through use of historical data sheets. Use information to initiate corrective action with supervision.
- Through visual inspection of equipment and review of parts usage, production data and down time, determine if preventive maintenance and proper operating procedures are being followed. Take appropriate action as indicated.
- Determine weekly staffing needs by reviewing workload requirements and initiate appropriate action.
- Develop objectives, budgets and forecasts using historical data and projected production demands in order to operate as efficiently as possible.
- Review performance of employees against goals and suggest improvements to achieve maximum desired results.
- Communicate verbally with Production Team Leads all changes in company policy and activities to keep them informed.
- Participate, as a member of the management staff, in establishing policy and determining its effect on employee morale.
- Keep informed of technical changes through trade magazines, seminars, and technical bulletins to take advantage of improved technology.
- Collaborate with the Plant, Production Management and HR – the promotion, employment, dismissal, or change in compensation of employees.
- Complete assignments as assigned by the plant management.
- Lead, coach, develop, mentor, and motivate department staff.
Attributes & Characteristics
- Must have strong problem solving, troubleshooting and project management skills.
Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Must have attention to detail, be self-directed and display strong organizational skills.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor-level degree in Manufacturing, Operations Management, Business Management or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment required, experience in cabinetry production preferred
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of wood finishing materials a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Category: Manufacturing/Production Group