Great Western Bank Project Manager in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
The role of the Project Manager is to provide services incorporating strategy, design, development, delivery, maintenance, implementation, and support of project & portfolio management solutions to meet business needs according to plan and within the established budget (when applicable). Project breadth consists of single/multi project streams with most projects lengths between 6-12 months and a team size of 5-25 people.
• Lead and coordinate resources required to implement and deliver medium to large size projects of medium to high complexity.
• Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing projects and all processes such as quality/control, scope, eliciting and documenting business and technical requirements, coordinating quality assurance testing, communication, stakeholder management, people leadership, knowledge harvesting, and change and benefits management.
• Responsible for a stand-alone project or work directly for a Program Manager on a larger-scale organizational-wide program.
• The range of initiatives will span from a single project within a line of business in a single region through to working across lines of business and functions across multi-regions, as well as from a single vendor through to multiple vendors with multiple and competing offerings.
• Professional use of project management disciplines and methodology and tools is mandatory to ensure the initiatives are aligned to organizational strategy and values and the achievement of agreed costs and benefits.
• Responsible for behaving in accordance with GWB's Code of Conduct and demonstrating the Enterprise Behaviors in all customer, community, and employee interactions.
• Conform with all internal operating procedures relevant to the position.
• Provide overall accountability for business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans, operational management processes and success of project.
• Provide professional and ethical behavior in your actions by ensuring compliance with external legislation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Finance, or related area, or equivalent experience required. Graduate Degree coursework highly desirable.
• 3 - 5 years banking or other financial industry experience. Core banking software systems experience such as Jack Henry preferred.
• PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) study or certification desired
• 3 - 5 years of complete lifecycle project management experience or equivalent is desired.
• A basic understanding of project management methodologies tools and processes across the project lifecycle.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) skills. Must be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Effective leadership skills to organize and engage cross-functional virtual teams.
• Effective time management skills. Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure with limited supervision and within a diverse team environment.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze complex problems and propose practical solutions.
• Lead cross-functional project teams to execute strategic projects effectively.
• Consult with business units to complete project scope and requirements for strategic projects.
• Identify ways to identify, analyze and solve problems during projects.
• Work with Leadership and management representatives to establish and manage project risks.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs