Avera Marshall Registered Nurse-2021 August New Grad in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
What it a Short Stay Unit?
The Short Stay Observation Unit is an innovative care environment designed to streamline care for a diverse patient population admitted with an anticipated length of stay of 48 hours or less.
You will enjoy this Unit if you are nurse that:
· Enjoys leading change and participating in designing effective care delivery models with a team passionate about developing innovative healthcare solutions.
· Appreciates an active, challenging care environment that requires critical thinking.
· Values autonomous professional nursing practice.
· Possesses motivation to help create and deliver high-quality patient care in an energizing team environment.
This is the role for you!
The Short Stay Unit team incorporates the expertise of multiple disciplines to provide a wide range of diagnostic and assessment services to help patients return to their optimal state of health and return to daily life, or to confirm a diagnosis and provide them with evidence-based inpatient care.
Registered Nurses on the Short Stay Unit provide care for a wide variety of medical patients, including patients with diagnoses such as chest pain, syncope, headache, and TIA, as well as those who have undergone surgical procedures such as cystoscopy, same-day orthopedic surgery, thyroidectomy, and ERCP.
· Competence: Expansion of knowledge in clinical care and health care reform
· Collaboration: Team focused unit dedicated to positive patient outcomes
· Ethical Decisioning: Opportunity to participate in the process of clinical decisioning
· Innovation: New concept in medical care, actively contribute to developing a care model to best serve an expanding patient population
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
If you have a passion and desire to enrich lives and touch the hearts of patients, consider joining our team in providing compassionate, high quality care and services within a caring Christian culture.
What makes Avera Special? (http://www.avera.org/careers/what-makes-avera-special/)