Avera RN - A in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: The Palliative Care RN is dedicated to supporting the Palliative Care physician. The RN works in collaboration with the Palliative Care physician and other members of the Palliative Care team to deliver palliative care and related health care services to patient and families. The RN will follow-up on physician orders, identifying potential delays in care and assure communication between all members of the care team, patients and families.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing is preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in an acute care setting required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Care preferred.